This Sanitas health product provides Spanish health insurance for expats. It is aimed at people who, in their private life, want the best quality care and seek to complement the healthcare coverage offered by the public system.
However, either because they are in good health and do not foresee health problems in the medium term or their economic capacity is limited, they are willing to sacrifice comprehensive coverage in favour of an affordable premium. This expat health cover gives you access to both specialist consultations and certain diagnostic tests within an extensive and high-level medical network. The policy is available to people up to 75 years of age. Note: This is a product with additional co-payments payable when services are used.
The policy is available to people up to 75 years of age.
SANITAS HEALTH COVER
- Primary Care
- Specialist Care
Sanitas Health limits
- Podology: 12 sessions per insured year
- Psychology: 15 sessions per insured/ year
- Speech therapy: 80 sessions per insured/ year
- Emergency assistance: 12.000€ per insured/ year in case of emergency up to 90 days outside the country.
In case of death of the policy holder, Sanitas covers the premium for the next 12 months.
Co-participation of costs share payable by insured.
Surgical intervention is grouped by difficulty from 0 to 8 these are then limited to a participation from the insured from “Basic co-payments” for 0 to 3 increasing to €1000 for level 4 to up to €3000 euros for level 7 and 8.
“Basic co-payments” for general medical assistance not requiring hospitalisation, have the following co-payments for medical services, counted as the number of consultations per year.
- from 0 a 6 medical acts within the same within the same year → 0,00€
- from 7 a 10 medical acts within the same within the same year → 4,00€
- from 11 a 15 medical acts within the same within the same year → 7,00€
- from 16 a 999 medical acts within the same within the same year → 10,00€
Hospitalisation has shared cost payable by the insured of 1,000€, except for ophthalmology, trauma arthroscopies and varicose veins of the lower limbs.
Higher level intervention has a shared cost payable by the insured of 2,000€, Categorised as groups 5 and 6, examples are minor surgery, and caesarean section.
The maximum co-participation from the insured is €3,000 for groups 7 & 8. e.g. Major surgery such as a heart operation.